LET US START the AWARENESS …. PREPAREDNESS process
Being prepared to manage yourself through an emergency is not easy. We are a technology dependant Municipality. The technology that we depend upon most of all is electrical power. The old farm homestead, with its own heat production (coal or wood furnace), its own water supply (hand pump well) and its own sewage disposal system (the outhouse), has pretty well disappeared from our landscape.
The loss of electric power is a concern, but we have other things to think about other things that could disrupt our daily lives.
DID YOU KNOW…
In Augusta Township:
- The St. Lawrence Seaway is at our southern border
- The Busiest Highway in North America crosses our “homeland”
- Two Trans Canada Pipelines are present
- A double track Trans Canada Railway crosses our Township
- Sizeable Industrial Sites contribute to our economic well being
- We take Open Roads / Automotive Travel for granted
- Our Electric Power Supply is external
- Every home is a stand alone water supply / sewage disposal site
- Every Farm is a stand alone industry
- Climate Change is BEGINNING to occur in Eastern Ontario