3226-2016 Appoint a CAO, Treasurer, Deputy Clerk (Morrison)
BEING A BY-LAW TO APPOINT A CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER TREASURER/DEPUTY CLERK FOR THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
Passed by Council February 29, 2016
CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
BY- LAW NUMBER 3226-2016
BEING A BY- LAW TO APPOINT A CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
FOR THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
WHEREAS section 229 of the Municipal Act 2001, RSO 2001 chapter 25, provides that a
Council may appoint a Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
AND WHEREAS The Municipal Act Part VII section 286(1) RSO, as amended provides that a
Council shall appoint a Treasurer, and
AND WHEREAS The Municipal Act, Part VI, Sections 228 (2), RSO 2001, as amended
provides that a Council may appoint a Deputy Clerk;
AND WHEREAS due to a revised staffing complement, Council deems it expedient to
combine the said offices of CAO, Treasurer and Deputy Clerk and rescind the previous
NOW THEREFORE, The Council of the Corporation of the Township of Augusta enacts as
1. That effective March 5, 2016 Ray Morrison be appointed as the Chief Administrative
Officer (CAO)/Treasurer/Deputy Clerk for the Township of Augusta for a time period as
arranged at the pleasure of Council and shall adhere to the agreement.
2. THAT Council authorizes the Mayor to enter into an employment agreement with Mr.
Morrison for the position of GAO/Treasurer/Deputy Clerk.
3. That the CAO shall perform the statutory duties of the CAO under the Municipal Act and
4. That the Treasurer shall perform the statutory duties of the Treasurer under the Municipal
Act and other legislation.
5. That the CAO shall also be appointed as Deputy Clerk to perform the statutory duties of
the Clerk in their absence.
6. That remuneration of the Clerk shall be fixed by Council from time to time;
7. That by-law 3017 and 3041 and all other by-laws inconsistent herewith are hereby
8. That this by-law will come into full force and effect as of March 5, 2016.
Read a first and second time this 29 day of February, 2016.
Read a third time and passed this 29 day of February, 2016.
Signed by Mayor Doug Malanka and Clerk Pierre Mercier