3227-2016 Appoint a Clerk (Simonian)
BEING A BY-LAW TO APPOINT A CLERK FOR THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
Passed by Council February 29, 2016
CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
BY-LAW NUMBER 3227-2016
BEING A BY-LAW TO APPOINT A CLERK
FOR THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
WHEREAS Section 228(1) of The Municipal Act, R.S.O. 2001, as amended, provides
that Council shall appoint a clerk;
AND WHEREAS Council deems it expedient to rescind the previous Clerk appointment
due to a revised staffing complement;
AND WHEREAS Council deems it desirable to appoint a Clerk for the Township of
NOW THEREFORE the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Augusta enacts
1. That Annette Simonian is hereby appointed Clerk for the Township of Augusta
effective March 7, 2016;
2. That the Clerk shall perform the statutory duties of the Clerk under the
Municipal Act and other legislation.
2. THAT remuneration of the Clerk shall be fixed by Council from time to time;
3. That By-Law 3182-2016 is hereby repealed.
4. That all other by-laws inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed.
5. That this by-law shall come into full force and effect as of March 7, 2016.
Read a first and second time this 29 day of February, 2016
Read a third time and passed this 29 day of February 2016
Signed by Mayor Doug Malanka and CAO/Clerk Pierre Mercier