BEING A BY-LAW TO AUTHORIZE THE CLERK TO PROVIDE CIVIL MARRIAGE SERVICES
Passed by Council August 2, 2016
CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
BY-LAW NUMBER 3250-2016
BEING A BY-LAW TO AUTHORIZE THE CLERK
TO PROVIDE CIVIL MARRIAGE SERVICES
WHEREAS the Marriage Act authorizes the Clerk of a local municipality to solemnize
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Augusta deems it
expedient to provide a civil marriage service to the public;
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Council of the Corporation of the
Township of Augusta enacts as follows:
1. The following are hereby authorized to provide civil marriage services to the public:
~ Annette Simonian, Clerk
~ Ray Morrison, Deputy Clerk
2. The fee for said service during regular business hours shall be two hundred
and fifty dollars ($250.00) payable to the Municipality.
3. The fee for said service outside of regular business hours shall be one hundred
dollars ($1 00.00) payable to the Municipality and one hundred and fifty dollars
($150.00) payable to the Officiant for time spent.
4. A fee for attendance at the ceremony rehearsal outside of regular business
hours (if required) shall be $50.00 payable to the Officiant for time spent.
5. Officiant may claim mileage expenses calculated at the current rates
established by the municipality.
6. Payment of the Township’s portion of applicable fees is mandatory and shall
not be waived. The Marriage Officiant may, at their sole discretion, waive the
portion of the fees which would otherwise be payable to them.
7. The above fee does not include the fee for a marriage licence.
8. All by-laws or parts of by-laws or motions heretofore passed and being
inconsistent with the provisions hereof, are hereby repealed.
9. This by-law shall come into force and effect on the date of passing.
Read a first and second time this 2 day of August, 2016.
Read a third time and adopted this 2 day of August, 2016.
Signed by Mayor Doug Malanka and Deputy Clerk Ray Morrison