BEING A BY-LAW TO AMEND BY-LAW NO. 2965-2012
Passed by Council March 13, 2017
THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
By-law No. 3296-2017
BEING A BY-LAW TO AMEND BY-LAW No. 2965
WHEREAS pursuant to the provisions of the Planning Act, Section 34, the Council of a
Municipality may enact by-laws to regulate the use of land, buildings or structures for
any purpose set out therein that is otherwise prohibited;
AND WHEREAS By-law No. 2965 regulates the use of land and the use and erection of
buildings and structures within the Township of Augusta;
NOW THEREFORE the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Augusta enacts
1. Schedule G of By-law 2965 is hereby amended in accordance with Schedule A of
2. The following shall be added to section 7.17.4:10. Rural Exception 12 (RUX-12)
Notwithstanding the list of permitted uses stated in section 7.17.1, on lands
zoned RUX-12 only the following use shall be permitted:
• Mini Warehouse and Public Storage
• Storage I Shipping Container to a maximum of 2 units
• Contractor’s Yard
• Accessory buildings and structures to the foregoing uses
3. Notwithstanding the definition of a Contractor’s Yard in section 5 of the by-law, on
lands zoned RUX-12 open storage of goods and materials is not permitted.
4. Development on lands zoned RUX-12 shall be subject to site plan control.
5. All other applicable provisions of By-law 2965 shall continue to apply.
Read a first and second time this 131h day of March, 2017.
Read a third time and adopted this 131h day of March, 2017.
Signed by Deputy Mayor George Elliott and Clerk Annette Simonian