BEING A BY-LAW TO APPOINT AN INTEGRITY COMMISSIONER FOR THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
Passed by Council December 11, 2018
THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
BY-LAW NUMBER 3390-2018
A BY- LAW TO APPOINT AN INTEGRITY COMMISSIONER
FOR THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
WHEREAS the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Augusta has adopted a
Council Code of Conduct; and
WHEREAS Section 223.3(1) of the Municipal Act authorizes the municipality to appoint
an Integrity Commissioner who reports to Council and who is responsible for
performing in an independent manner the functions assigned by the municipality; and
WHEREAS Council deems it advisable to appoint an Integrity Commissioner for the
Township of Augusta;
NOW THEREFORE THE COUNCIL OF THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA ENACTS AS
1. That Andrew Tremayne is hereby appointed as the Township of Augusta’s Integrity
2. That upon appointment Andrew Tremayne will have all the functions, powers and
duties of an Integrity Commissioner as set out in part V.1, Accountability and
Transparency, of the Municipal Act, and in addition such functions, powers and
duties as may be assigned by Council from time to time, applicable to Council and
local boards, and may apply to advisory committees only at the discretion of
3. That the Township of Augusta hereby indemnifies and save harmless the Integrity
Commissioner or any person acting under the instructions of that officer for costs
reasonably incurred by either of them in connection with the defence of proceeding
if the proceeding relates to an act done in good faith in the performance or intended
performance of a function, duty or authority under Par V.1 of the Municipal Act, or a
by-law passed under it or an alleged neglect or default in the performance in good
faith of the duty or authority.
4. That all actions taken and required to be taken by the Mayor and Clerk on behalf of
the Corporation to complete this matter including the execution of an agreement
and any other associated documentation are hereby authorized, confirmed and
5. That the persons named shall be appointed for the term of Council or at the
pleasure of Council.
6. All other by-laws inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed.
7. That this By-Law shall come into full force and effect at the time of passing.
READ a first and second time this 11 day of December, 2018.
READ a third time and passed this 11 day of December, 2018.
Signed by Mayor Doug Malanka and Clerk Annette Simonian