BEING A BY-LAW TO AMEND BY-LAW NO. 2965-2012
Passed by Council August 24, 2020
THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
By-law No. 3489-2020
BEING A BY-LAW TO AMEND BY-LAW No. 2965
WHEREAS pursuant to the provisions of the Planning Act, Section 34, the Council of a
Municipality may enact by-laws to regulate the use of land, buildings or structures for
any purpose set out therein that is otherwise prohibited;
AND WHEREAS By-law No. 2965 regulates the use of land and the use and erection of
buildings and structures within the Township of Augusta;
NOW THEREFORE the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Augusta enacts
1. The following definition is added to section 5.0:
• Dwelling- Stacked Townhouse: “A residential use building containing four or
more principal dwelling units where the units are divided horizontally and
vertically, and in which each dwelling unit has an independent entrance from
2. The following new section is added to section 7.2.4:
On lands zoned Residential Village – Exception 2 (RV-X2), accessory garage
structures of 55. 75m2 per unit may be attached together to a maximum area of
334.5 m2 per grouping; the maximum area of an accessory club house structure is
111.5 m2; and the following permitted use shall be added to the list of permitted
uses stated in section 7 .2.1:
• Dwelling- Stacked Townhouse
3. Schedule G1 of By-law 2965 is hereby amended in accordance with Schedule A
of this By-law.
4. All other applicable provisions of By-law 2965 shall continue to apply.
Read a first and second time this 24th day of August, 2020.
Read a third time and adopted this 24th day of August, 2020.
Signed by Mayor Doug Malanka and Clerk Annette Simonian