BEING A BY-LAW TO AMEND BY-LAW 2965
Passed by Council February 22, 2021.
THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
By-law No. 3510-2021
BEING A BY-LAW TO AMEND BY-LAW No. 2965
WHEREAS pursuant to the provisions of the Planning Act, Section 34, the Council of a
Municipality may enact by-laws to regulate the use of land, buildings or structures for
any purpose set out therein that is otherwise prohibited;
AND WHEREAS By-law No. 2965 regulates the use of land and the use and erection of
buildings and structures within the Township of Augusta;
NOW THEREFORE the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Augusta enacts
1. The following definition is added to section 5.0:
- Dwelling — Apartment Complex: Means a building that has three or more
dwelling units, with at least one dwelling unit entirely or partially above
another, and each dwelling unit has an independent entrance from the exterior
or through a common inside area.”
2. The following new section is added to section 7.24:
On lands zoned Residential Village — Exception 3 (RV-X3):
• Dwelling — Apartment Complex
3. Schedule G1 of By-law 2965 is hereby amended in accordance with Schedule A
of this By-law.
4. All other applicable provisions of By-law 2965 shall continue to apply.
Read a first and second time this 22nd day of February, 2021.
Read a third time and adopted this 22nd day of February, 2021.
Signed by Mayor Doug Malanka and Clerk Annette Simonian.