BEING A BY-LAW TO APPOINT A CERTIFIED BUILDING CODE OFFICIAL (CBCO) FOR THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
Passed by Council June 28, 2021
THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
BY-LAW NUMBER 3528-2021
BEING A BY-LAW TO APPOINT A CERTIFIED BUILDING CODE OFFICIAL (CBCO)
FOR THE TOWNSHIP OF AUGUSTA
WHEREAS in accordance with the Ontario Building Code 1997 which contains the Building
Code Act and Ontario Regulations 332/12 as updated on May 2; 2019 (containing Ontario
Regulations 79/18, 388/18, 87/19 and 88/19 and all subsequent amendments), the
Township of Augusta is required to appoint any and all Building Officials;
AND WHEREAS Karen Lavigne is fully qualified to perform the duties of a CBCO in
accordance with the Ontario Building Code and the Building Code Act;
NOW THEREFORE the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Augusta hereby
enacts as follows that:
1. THAT Karen Lavigne shall be appointed CBCO.
2. THAT the CBCO shall do all things and preform all duties of this office pursuant to
the statutory authority quoted above.
3. THAT By-law 3053-2013 hereby rescinded.
4. THAT all other by-laws inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed.
5. THAT this By-law shall come into force and effect upon the date of the final passing
Read a first, second, and third time and finally passed this 28 day of June, 2021.
Signed by Mayor Doug Malanka and Deputy Clerk Vikki Werner-Mackeler